Vision, Values, Ethos
OUR SCHOOL VISION
We are determined to create an inclusive culture of learning where all children will be challenged in their thinking, to achieve to the best of their abilities and strive to become lifelong learners.
We will empower our children to become respected citizens to enable them to make valuable contributions locally, globally and to contribute to our world’s sustainable future.
OUR SCHOOL ETHOS AND VALUES
AT BIRCHFIELD SCHOOL WE AIM TO PROVIDE:
- a broad, balanced and meaningful curriculum
- an attractive and welcoming school providing up to date facilities and high quality equipment
- a happy, safe environment for each child to develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially
- a varied choice of after school activities open to all who wish to participate
- a good foundation for the next stage of learning
AT BIRCHFIELD SCHOOL WE AIM TO ENCOURAGE:
- our pupils to take pride in themselves, their work and their school
- our children to develop a caring and responsible attitude to the environment
- our children to be caring, considerate, helpful and polite to others
- close links with home and the local community
- children to develop enquiring minds
Behaviour - Our School Rules
At Birchfield Primary School we believe that good behaviour is a necessary skill for enabling effective teaching and learning to take place. We aim to develop in each child feelings of security, positive self-image, self-confidence, group identity and responsibility for his/her own actions. We have a simple behaviour code.
This code applies at all times, including lunchtimes and any other situation either on the school premises or on an educational visit.