We are proud at Birchfield Primary School to have a school uniform and we ask all of our pupils to wear the school colours. We believe that when children take pride in their appearance it enhances their school experience.
We have high expectations of our pupils and want them to look smart when they represent our school. How children present themselves is important to all of us at Birchfield Primary.
Where to Buy?
School Uniform can be purchased online or in person at The Uniform Centre, Morley-https://theuniformcentre.com/birchfield-primary
or online at My Clothing https://myclothing.com/collections/birchfield-primary-school-7020
Unbadged uniform can also be purchased at a reasonable price at most supermarkets or department stores.
Uniform Exchange and Recycling
We are keen to encourage reuse and recycling of uniform items that are in good used condition. We partner with the Uniform Exchange project at Church of the Nazarene in Morley(in Morrisons car park- Albion St, Morley, Leeds LS27 9BX)
At various times in the year, we collect uniform which is then taken by volunteers to the Uniform Exchange. You can visit the Uniform Exchange to find good quality, used Birchfield branded and unbranded uniform. A donation can be made in exchange for the uniform if you wish.
You can also find out more information and find more places where uniform can be aquired, exchanged or donated through The Leeds Uniform Exchange project-https://leedsuniformexchange.org.uk/
- Royal blue jumper or cardigan with or without the Birchfield logo
- White shirt or white/pale blue polo shirt
- Grey skirt, grey pinafore dress, grey or black trousers
- Black Shoes/Black Trainers-flat with no flashing lights. Sandals are not permitted
- In Summer – blue checked summer dress or grey/black shorts
- Earrings – simple stud, no more than one per ear can be worn
- Watches – a plain analogue or digital watch can be worn, smart watches and fitness bands are not allowed.
- For health and safety reasons, bracelets, rings or necklaces are not allowed in school.
- Nail varnish and false nails should not be worn
- Headwear/headbands should be of an appropriate size and school uniform colour
For Indoor PE:
- Plain white t-shirt
- navy blue or black shorts
- indoor pumps
For Outdoor Games:
- Plain white t-shirt
- navy blue, grey or black jogging bottoms
- blue, grey or black sweatshirt or hoody
- Trainers-plain in colour-no flashing lights
- One-piece swimming costume (no bikinis or tankinis) or swimming(swimming shorts are not allowed) trunks and towel .
For health and safety reasons, earrings and watches must be removed for PE and Swimming lessons and long hair must be tied back with a band.