New to Nursery or Reception
At Birchfield Primary School we understand that starting in Nursery and/or Reception is a big change for everyone. We understand that the decision regarding where to send your child to school is a vital one, so getting 'a feel' for a school is so important. We will be welcoming parent's to look around the school again when COVID restrictions are lifted on 21st June 2021.
Already excepted a place at Birchfield? Please see the information below regarding transition meetings, stay and plays and home visits.
New to Nursery:
- If your child will be starting Nursery, you will receive a letter in the post around the term before they are due to start. This will confirm their place, days and start date. You will also receive information regarding the Early Years Foundation Stage and Birchfield Buddies.
- We invite you to 'Stay and Play' at 3pm on Tuesday 6th July 2021 or at 5pm on Thursday 8th July 2021. Further information will follow in line with the easing of COVID restrictions.
- Home/garden visits will take place in the week commencing 6th September 2021.
- Nursery will reopen on Monday 13th September 2021 (all children will start or return during this week)
New to Reception:
- If your child will be starting in Reception in September 2021, you will need to contact school to confirm your place.
- Information packs will be sent out in the post or via email by the end of May 2021.
- We invite you to join our 'Reception New Starters Meeting' via zoom at 6pm on Wednesday 9th June 2021 (further information to follow via email). During this time you will get to virtually meet the staff, we will discuss Reception and answer any questions that you may have.
- We invite you to 'Stay and Play' at 5pm on Thursday 24th June 2021 or at 3.45pm on Tuesday 29th June 2021. Further information will follow in line with the easing of COVID restrictions.
- Home/garden visits for children who are new to Birchfield will take place in the week commencing 12th July 2021.
- School will reopen on Tuesday 7th September 2021. Reception children will be staggered in from Wednesday 8th September 2021-Friday 10th September 2021.
Further information regarding Stay and Plays for RECEPTION STARTERS:
After the announcement regarding the lifting of restrictions being delayed, I can now share our plan for the ‘Stay and Play’ sessions for the children starting Reception in September 2021.
The current guidance states that we can have ‘up to 30 people’ outside, therefore we will be completing our sessions in the outdoor area of Early Years. We have changed one of the session times slightly, to ensure that all other parents and children are off site before it starts. The session will just be for children who are new to Birchfield Primary School.
The sessions are planned for the following times and dates:
Thursday 24th June 2021 @ 5pm-5.45pm
Tuesday 29th June 2021 @ 3.45pm-4.30pm
We have limited spaces for the sessions so they will be offered on a ‘first come first served’ basis, please only attend 1 session, children must be counted in the number so the maximum amount of people allowed to the session is 2 adults per 1 child. We kindly ask that you wear a face mask on site unless exempt.
To book your place for the ‘Stay and Play’ please respond with the preferred session and the full names of ALL people who will be attending so that we can get exact numbers.
Please respond to either:
Further information regarding Nursery Stay and Plays will be sent home via email in the coming weeks.